Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: Masks of Nyarlathotep is an epic tale of globe-trotting adventure inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft, presented as a 1930s-style radio drama. Dark Adventure Radio Theatre presents the tale with an absurdly large cast of professional actors, exciting sound effects and thrilling original music by Troy Sterling Nies. Click for more information about our other Lovecraft stories in the Dark Adventure Radio Theatre series. They're like movies you can enjoy with your eyes closed.
Like many Lovecraft fans, we played Chaosium's celebrated role playing game Call of Cthulhu®. Now, in partnership with Chaosium, we've adapted their most famed and beloved game supplement of all time — Masks of Nyarlathotep — into a fully dramatized 6 disc super episode of Dark Adventure Radio Theatre. And if you've never heard of or played the game - don't worry, you don't need to know anything about the game to enjoy this super-sized episode.
The death of a dear old friend and an inquiry into a doomed archeological expedition spiral into a global investigation with dire repercussions. Can a handful of intrepid investigators make a stand against an insidious and bloodthirsty cult? Can a diabolical conspiracy be thwarted before a doomsday plan comes to fruition? Is there any hope for mankind against the machinations of an Elder God or will they meet only despair, death and madness?
Masks of Nyarlathotep is a sprawling tale spanning five continents, and even its most basic version includes six CDs brimming with audio thrills. Enjoy a Dark Adventure over seven hours in length! This super-sized DART set includes twenty props to enhance your listening experience, including:
- Seven intriguing items from Jackson Elias' room at the Hotel Chelsea
- A ghastly crime scene photo
- Weirdly futuristic schematic drawings
- A photo of the ancient Egyptian relic - the Eye of Light and Darkness
- A clipping from the Nairobi Star about the fate of an expedition
- A photo of ruins in Australia's Great Sandy Desert
- A translation from the rare occult tome, the Seven Cryptical Books of Hsan
- Plus seven more gloriously detailed props for you to enjoy spanning all six episodes of the story
All of these great extras will be complemented by the fantastic artwork of illustrator Darrell Tutchton in the style you've come to know and love from other episodes of Dark Adventure Radio Theatre. Orders for the CD version will include a free digital download of the show.
Digital Downloads - don't need CDs and all the cool props? Select a digital download and you'll get over six hours of audio delivered immediately in digital format**. No shipping, no import duties, just great Lovecraftian audio fun! We offer it in 2 versions: our Chapters version breaks the show into roughly 20-minute MP3 chapters. Our Fewer Chapters version breaks the show into six chapters - each equating to one CD from the set.
PRE-ORDER - Yes, you can pre-order right now. Those who order now will get our discounted pre-order price (shown above) and a large format BONUS PROP.
We offer a few editions of Masks of Nyarlathotep. You can also get:
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre Deluxe Edition - seven hours of audio and a collection of more than fifty amazing props!
- Gamer Prop Set - specially made for role playing gamers, this collection contains all the props for the Call of Cthulhu® game supplement, executed with a stunning level of realism. (The radio show itself is not included.) Now also available for Pre-Order.
- Super Deluxe Limited Edition - get all the props from our DART Deluxe Edition, all the props from the Gamer Prop Set, and cap it off with an amazing collection of artifacts from the story!
If you wish to upgrade your order to a Deluxe or Super Deluxe Edition, we will credit your original purchase towards one of the other editions.
Everything else you ever wanted to know about Dark Adventure Radio Theatre is right here.
** Please note, we don't recommend ordering our audio products from a phone or tablet. Rather, we suggest you do it from a computer. You'll be downloading a .zip file which not all phones and tablets can deal with, but pretty much all computers can. Once you've downloaded and unzipped that file, you can sync our shows onto your phone or tablet for mobile listening. It's also worth noting that Masks is a 600+Mb download.