" I shall follow in Alexander's footsteps across the scorching Libyan desert and excavate the Temple of Jupiter Ammon! "
Dark Adventure Radio Theatre® presents an original tale of two-fisted archeology and adventure! The story bounds to life with a cast of professional actors, thrilling sound effects and an original orchestral score by Troy Sterling Nies. Click here for more information about our other Lovecraft stories in the Dark Adventure Radio Theatre® series. They're like movies you can enjoy with your eyes closed.
Celebrated treasure hunter Count Byron Khun de Prorok leads an expedition into the Libyan Desert in an attempt to find the lost tomb of Alexander the Great at the Temple of Jupiter Ammon. Can the Count succeed where countless others have failed, and recover one of history's greatest archeological finds? Or are some secrets buried with good reason, and those who seek them doomed to be met with madness and disaster? For this episode, the Dark Adventure team has taken a real historical expedition from the 1920s and pumped it full of horror, action, and thrills worthy of a dark adventure.
The CD edition will feature the 75-minute audio show plus a collection of props to enhance your listening experience. Like other DART shows, it features great props from the story including:
- a real article from the New York Times about a celebrated archaeologist
- a vintage map of the expedition's destination in the Libyan desert
- a brochure for a lecture about the expedition at the Geographic Society
- an article from an archeological journal featuring some mysterious hieroglyphs
- BONUS ITEM - pre-order customers will get a sexy vintage movie poster