Hear Lovecraft's Collaboration Tales
The H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society produced the first complete audio recording of all of Lovecraft's stories. These are NOT dramatizations like our Dark Adventure Radio Theatre - rather, these are audiobooks of the original stories, in all-new, never-before-heard recordings made by the HPLHS' own Andrew Leman and Sean Branney exclusively for this collection.
In addition to writing his own stories, Lovecraft collaborated with other authors on a number of works. Some were ghostwriting jobs, some were paid revision work, but collectively they round out Lovecraft's fiction. This collection contains 33 stories (nearly 24 hours of listening).
Deluxe or Download. We offer this collection two formats.
- Deluxe Edition - features all of the stories on a custom-made USB flash drive which stores neatly in our lovely faux book. It's good looking, functional, and you'll get a free download of the stories along with the USB drive
- Download Edition - no taxes, no shipping, just an instantaneous download of the MP3 files for this collection. Because the download is large (2.7Gb) we recommend downloading it to a computer rather than a phone or tablet. Once you've got it, you can sync it to the device of your choosing.
Contents. This collection contains the tales:
- The Automatic Executioner by HPL and Adolphe de Castro
- The Battle that Ended the Century by HPL with Robert H. Barlow
- The Challenge from Beyond by HPL with C.L. Moore, Robert H. Barlow, Abraham Merritt, Robert E. Howard and Frank Belknap Long
- Collapsing Cosmoses by HPL and Robert H. Barlow
- The Crawling Chaos by HPL and Elizabeth Berkeley
- The Curse of Yig by HPL and Zealia Bishop
- The Diary of Alonzo Typer (draft) by William Lumley
- The Diary of Alonso Typer by HPL with William Lumley
- The Disinterment by HPL with Duane W. Rimel
- The Electric Executioner by HPL and Adolphe de Castro
- Four O'Clock by HPL and Sonia H. Greene
- Fragment by HPL with J. Vernon Shea
- The Green Meadow by HPL and Elizabeth Neville Berkeley
- The Hoard of the Wizard Beast by HPL and Robert H. Barlow
- The Horror at Martin's Beach by HPL and Sonia H. Greene
- The Horror in the Burying Ground by HPL and Hazel Heald
- The Horror in the Museum by HPL and Hazel Heald
- In the Walls of Eryx by HPL with Kenneth Sterling
- The Last Test by HPL and Adolphe de Castro
- The Man of Stone by HPL and Hazel Heald
- Medusa's Coil by HPL and Zealia Bishop
- The Mound by HPL and Zealia Bishop
- The Night Ocean by HPL and Robert H. Barlow
- Out of the Aeons by HPL and Hazel Heald
- Poetry and the Gods by HPL and Anna Helen Crofts
- A Sacrifice to Science by HPL and Gustav Adolph de Castro
- The Slaying of the Monster by HPL and Robert H. Barlow
- The Sorcery of Aphlar by HPL and Duane W. Rimel
- Til a' the Seas by HPL and Robert H. Barlow
- The Trap by HPL and Henry S. Whitehead
- The Tree on the Hill by HPL with Duane W. Rimel
- Two Black Bottles by HPL and Wilfred Blanch Talman
- Winged Death by HPL and Hazel Heald
Q: If I have your audiobook and want to upgrade just the faux book, can I do that?
A: No, the new and improved faux book is only sold with the USB drive.
Q: Wait, is the collection of collaborations truly "complete"? What about the C.M. Eddy stories?
A: Ah, we figured one of you would bring that up. All of Lovecraft's collaboration tales have fallen into the public domain with the exception of the tales he wrote with his friend, C.M. Eddy. The Eddy estate does not wish for any of C.M. Eddy's stories to appear in any collections of Lovecraft collaboration tales. Out of respect for their wishes, these stories are NOT included in this collection.
Q: Does the Collaboration Stories include the so-called "posthumous collaborations" with August Derleth?
A: It does not. Our feeling is that those stories were written by solely by Derleth using notes and ideas jotted down by Lovecraft. As HPL was dead when these stories were written, he had no artistic input into the use made of his ideas.