"She hasn't done anything drastic yet, Dan, but she might. I mean she could. She will."
Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: The Thing on the Doorstep adapts H.P. Lovecraft's tale of occult powers and domestic horrors in a 1930s-style radio drama. Dark Adventure Radio Theatre presents the tale with a huge cast of professional actors, exciting sound effects and thrilling original music by Troy Sterling Nies. Click here for more information about our other Lovecraft stories in the Dark Adventure Radio Theatre series. They're like movies you can enjoy with your eyes closed.
Daniel Upton stands charged with the brutal murder of his best friend, Edward Derby. Was the crime an act of greed, jealousy, or madness? Or did Edward's wife, the mysterious Asenath Waite, put to use her rumored occult powers? Was it a crime carried out by a ruthless fiend, or was the killer the next victim of a supreme evil that lurks unseen among us?
The CD edition feature the 75 minute (estimated) audio show plus a collection of props to enhance your listening experience. They include:
- the Arkham Advertiser society column article announcing the betrothal of Edward Derby to Asenath Waite
- an Arkham Sanitarium intake assessment form for patient Edward Derby
- a strange and terrible note of explanation given by a late-night visitor
- a disturbing photograph by the Essex County Medical Examiner
- For pre-order customers only: Asenath Waite's student ID from Miskatonic University
All of these great extras are complemented by the fantastic artwork of illustrator Darrell Tutchton in the style you've come to know and love from other episodes of Dark Adventure Radio Theatre. The CD edition includes a free digital download of the show.
Everything else you ever wanted to know about Dark Adventure Radio Theatre is right here.