"Cautious investigators will hesitate to challenge the common belief that Robert Blake was killed by lightning..."
Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: The Haunter of the Dark brings to life H.P. Lovecraft's tale of a lingering supernatural horror in a 1930s-style radio drama. Dark Adventure Radio Theatre presents the tale with a huge cast of professional actors, exciting sound effects and thrilling original music by Reber Clark. Click here for more information about our other Lovecraft stories in the Dark Adventure Radio Theatre series. They're like movies you can enjoy with your eyes closed.
For decades, an old Providence church has stood empty, silently looming in the city's skyline. As a young writer looks into the history of the abandoned church — and the cult that once resided there — he stirs an ancient horror. Will he be able to finally solve an unspeakable mystery, or has he merely paved the way to become its next victim?
The CD edition will feature the 76-minute audio show plus a collection of props to enhance your listening experience. They include:
- a clipping from the Providence Telegram covering riots outside the old church
- a letter from the Vatican to a concerned priest of Providence
- a page of notes deciphering a cryptic passage from an unholy book of the Church of Starry Wisdom, including an illustration of the Shining Trapezohedron
- a letter by Robert Blake praising a certain Providence author of weird fiction
- For pre-order customers only: the press identification card of Edwin Lillibridge
All of these great extras are complemented by the fantastic artwork of illustrator Darrell Tutchton in the style you've come to know and love from other episodes of Dark Adventure Radio Theatre.
Downloads of The Haunter of the Dark are currently available for all customers. CDs should start shipping around July 6. CD customers who order before that date will qualify for the Lillibridge Press ID Card.
Everything else you ever wanted to know about Dark Adventure Radio Theatre is right here.