We now have these in stock and they can ship immediately. Hooray!
Since its original publication in 1984, the "Masks of Nyarlathotep" supplement for Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu® has been hailed as a classic among role playing gamers. Now, as Chaosium prepare to release a full updated version of it for the 7th edition Call of Cthulhu rules, the HPLHS is releasing a very special collection of props to enhance your role playing fun.
We've taken all of the handouts, maps and props from the game (and a whole bunch of bonus stuff Chaosium doesn't include) and created them as highly realistic detailed props. Why would you want our props instead of the ones that come with the Chaosium's new edition of the game? We're glad you asked.
We believe great props make for great gaming. So we've taken our 30 years of experience in making props for games to create this set. Because we are able to break free from the confines of the printed supplement book, our props can be printed in larger sizes, on different kinds of paper, and with additional details. For example, our newspaper clippings are really printed on one of the few remaining newspaper presses in the country. They have back sides with genuine copy and advertisements from vintage papers. We've created custom fonts based on real old newspapers to capture the feel of vintage typography. They look right, they feel right and they even smell right! Plus, our props don't have to be printed in a book or as a PDF - as a result we can make props that are way bigger than you'll ever find in a game supplement.
So, what do you get?
- All 109 prop documents, handouts, and maps from the Chaosium game supplement, designed and printed in the most realistic manner possible
- Twenty-one more bonus props which we've included because we think they'll make your gaming even more fun
- An Ediphone wax cylinder case that holds a custom USB drive containing eight props that are audio files recorded by professional actors - play them for your players! (We include transcripts to aid their memories.)
- A set of 6 Nansen Passports issued by the League of Nations for your players and a set of custom passports stamps which can document your players' travels
As far as we know, this is the largest, most detailed prop collection ever made for Call of Cthulhu. And probably any other RPG ever. Please note, this set does NOT contain the radio drama of Masks of Nyarlathotep (see below for that).
Others have tried and failed to produce a collection of props for this game. We recently released a version of the game supplement The Brotherhood of the Beast which comes with six pounds of props. We know how to do this job and do it right. Please - take a moment and look at the reviews of our work.
Planning to run the campaign more than once? Suffering from Total Party Kill? Not to worry, you can order up more of our Nansen Passports here.
We offer other collections relating to Masks of Nyarlathotep too, including:
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre (DART) Standard Edition - Chaosium's game supplement is brought to life in a seven-hour 1930s-style radio play!
- DART Deluxe Edition - the radio play, augmented by a collection of lots and lots of props relating to the radio play
- DART Super Deluxe Limited Edition - the radio play plus all the props from our Deluxe Edition, all the props from our Gamer Prop set, and a collection of astonishing artifacts too.
Everything else you ever wanted to know about Dark Adventure Radio Theatre is right here.
Please note, if you order our Gamer Prop Set, there is no need to order a Gamer Prop Add-On. Everything in the Add-On is included in the Gamer Prop Set.