UPDATE - March 1: these are now shipping. We hope to have all pre-orders shipped out before the end of March.
The HPLHS has created the ultimate Masks of Nyarlathotep experience for fans of the game, fans of Dark Adventure Radio Theatre, or people who just can't get enough vintage props. We believe this is the most extraordinary prop collection ever assembled to accompany a role playing game or vintage-style radio play.
We have dramatized Chaosium's celebrated game into a stand-alone radio drama (no gaming experience necessary). This seven hour show is a globe spanning Lovecraftian adventure as hapless investigators attempt to thwart the machinations of the dark god Nyarlathotep. Our Super Deluxe edition contains the following:
- The Dark Adventure Radio Theatre show of Masks of Nyarlathotep, featuring a tale so massive it requires 6 CDs to hold it. You'll also get a free digital download of the show so you can listen on your phone or other device.
- All of the prop documents from our Deluxe DART edition for Masks of Nyarlathotep - a whopping 82 photos, newspaper clippings, maps, and vintage documents from around the world that let you share in the adventure!
- A special set of extraordinary prop artifacts from the story, carefully crafted by HPLHS prop masters and our esteemed colleagues.
- The Golden Mirror - a golden ceremonial mask from Peru, designed and custom made for us by our esteemed colleagues at Type40 in Australia. Ours is cast in an electroplated nickel alloy and looks and feels like polished gold. It comes in a hand-knitted Peruvian bag. (2.3 lbs, 6 x 5.5 x .5 inches)
- The Crook and Flail of the Black Pharaoh - these scepters were symbols of royal power to the ancient Egyptians. Ours are cast in solid bronze with a statuary finish by our friends at Type40, and have a very pleasing heft. They come in a custom made padded wooden box. (5 lbs, 14.5 x 7.5 x 4 inches)
- Bundari's Enchanted Fly Whisk - a gift from the African shaman Bundari, this fly whisk is made from real springbok horn, feathers, horsehair and African porcupine hair (seriously) and comes in a custom made mudcloth bag. (May or may not actually whisk away cultists.) (0.5lbs, 23 x 1 x 3 inches)
- Brotherhood of the Black Pharaoh Ceremonial Robes - you'll look like you're in charge when you don these vestments featuring a simple black cassock, elaborate phelonion (a fancy poncho-sort-of-thing) and headdress, hand sewn by HPLHS costume designer Laura Brody. (Laura designed the costumes for our movie of The Call of Cthulhu.) The phelonion and headdress feature the inverted ankh of the Brotherhood in red leather. The robes are generously sized to fit most cultists (or investigators pretending to be cultists). The whole outfit comes packaged in a custom-made vintage style hatbox. (4.5 lbs, 13.5 x 7 cylinder)
- The Eye of Light and Darkness - both halves of this sacred artifact are cast in hydrostone to give them authentic weight (more than 4lbs) and feel. One piece comes wrapped in Egyptian cotton and the other in Chinese silk. Join them together if you dare! (5.25 lbs, 10 x 12 x 1 inches)
- Token of Bast's Regards - a sacred pendant of the Egyptian cat god, Bast, cast in dark stone. This piece is sculpted by Jason Hendricks with pleasing realism and detail. It comes packaged in an Egyptian jewelry box finished with mother of pearl. (0.5 lbs, 3.5 x 2 x 4 inches)
- Statue of the Bloated Woman - a hand-made Chinese style puzzle box of walnut and cherry woods holds the horrid idol of the Bloated Woman cult. Sculpted by Jason Hendricks and cast in faux jade, this idol captures the Asiatic horror of one of Nyarlathotep's most dreadful incarnations. (2.5 lbs, 10 x 8 x 6 inches)
Each set is numbered as part of a limited edition set of 99 and comes with its own Certificate of Authenticity. It's the ultimate Masks of Nyarlathotep collector's set.
Others have tried and failed to produce a collection of props for this game. Our Gamer Prop Set has been showered with accolades by critics and delighted fans. The HPLHS delivers a premium experience.
We appreciate that this is an expensive collector's item that may not be within everyone's reach. We do have some less expensive offerings in our line of Masks of Nyarlathotep products.
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre (DART) Standard Edition - enjoy the story as a seven hour long 1930s style radio play!
- DART Deluxe Edition - our radio play adaptation of the story plus a huge collection of props to heighten your listening experience.
- Gamer Prop Set - created specifically for players of the Call of Cthulhu™ role playing game, this massive collection of handouts and amazingly realistic props takes your gaming to the next level
Because this edition does not include our Gamer Prop Set, we've created a special Gamer Add-On to this edition just for Call of Cthulhu™ players. It includes handouts and other items for gamers playing the Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign.
NOTE: because the Masks of Nyarlathotep Super Deluxe is a limited edition, purchases will be limited to ONE PER CUSTOMER.
Everything else you ever wanted to know about Dark Adventure Radio Theatre is right here.
Q: If I order, when will I get it?
A: Sets are currently shipping - we're making them as fast as we can. We hope to have all preorders shipped by early April 2019.
Q: Are the artifacts real?
A: They're as real as we can make them, but they are in fact props. We are not actually shipping you a two pound mask made of gold. The Bloated Woman idol was not carved centuries ago from jade. But we think when you hold them in your hands, they feel very real indeed.
Q: Wait, isn't there some other Masks of Nyarlathotep prop project?
A: We're neither the first nor last people to make props for this great story. But we deliver on what we promise and our props are unmatched for authenticity and pure awesomeness.
Q: Why is shipping so frickin' expensive?
A: Our Super Deluxe Edition weighs nearly 30 lbs (13.6kg for those outside the US). Our store offers delivery via several different carriers and you'll see that they're all expensive (especially if you're outside the USA). We're sorry about that, but it is expensive to have a guy come to our place and pick up a heavy box and deliver it to your doorstep. We're hopeful that when you open your Super Deluxe, you'll be so happy you'll forget all about the cost of shipping.
Q: Will my set look exactly like these photos?
A: These photos are of our working prototypes. The props are handmade and there are variations from piece to piece. We may make some small adjustments to some of the props as we put together more and more sets. But what you'll get will be very much like what you see here.
Q: Are these the same props as in the Gamer Prop Set?
A: While there is some crossover, the Gamer Prop Set includes props that are not part of this collection, and this collection contains props not in the Gamer Prop Set. There are things that happen in the game that do not happen in the Dark Adventure Radio Theatre episode, and things in the episode that don't happen in the game. This collection is designed primarily as a companion to the Dark Adventure show. We originally considered including the GPS in this edition, but ultimately decided to offer this edition at a lower price and offer the GPS as a separate product.
Got a question we didn't answer? Hit us up at email@example.com